Friday, April 2, 2010

Let's Make a Cake! :D



On White Day, I actually wanted to bake a cake, and bought whipping cream for it. However, I realized how hard and complicated it is to bake a cake when I got back home; I just made some chocolates in the end, and they were very easy to make! To use the cream with the expiration date of April 5th, I baked a cake today! It's just a simple sponge cake with some cream on top, but it tasted really good!

Ingredients (for two sponge cakes):
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Flour (for baking) 120g
- Sugar 110g
- 5 eggs
- Brandy 30g (I used rum oil)
- Vanilla oil 1/2 tsp (I used grape seed oil instead of this)
- Whipping cream (or whipped cream, which would be easier for you to use)
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Milk 30g


Procedure:
1. Sift baking powder, salt, and flour


2. Mix egg yolk and 50g of sugar until it's white and thick. Then, put milk, brandy, vanilla oil in order; put #1 into this mixture.


3. Mix the albumen until it is white and makes bubbles. Then, put 60g of sugar little by little until the albumen is hard.


4. Mix #2 and #3.


5. Put the dough into a cake pan


6. Whip the cream.


7. Make a whole in the center of the baked sponge cake.


8. Put whipped cream on the sponge cakes and put them together.




1 comment:

  1. wow!! that looks really yummy!!!!!
    after i finish my finals at school and other texts (boohoo) I think i'll definitely try out this recipe!

    When I lived in HK, my mom used to bake all sorts of cakes (god, i miss that soo much ㅠ) but now she doesn't have the time nor the physical energy to do that. baking a cake does take a considerable amount of effort and work, and she just doesn't have that anymore ㅠ

    a cake she baked often was: chocolate fudge cakes.... ㅠㅠwould you be willing to bake one with me? lol

    ReplyDelete